Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Nerdgasm


Gnyahhhh. Pfffffft. Haaaaaaa!

It's the iPhone.

I'm speechless. No, I am beyond speechless. I can't make intelligible sound. I am the anti-buddha I am so consumed with desire.

Over the last month I've been considering upgrading my Treo. No more. I'll hold out five months till the iPhone rolls out. I also can't wait to see how the innovations on this bad boy translate to the next generation iPod.

From Towleroad:
It's a widescreen iPod, mobile phone, and "internet communicator" all in one using a touchscreen navigation. Only one button, the home button. Thinner than any smartphone. Comes with full-featured internet browser, integrated Google search and maps, free Yahoo push IMAP email (like BlackBerry), runs OSX, widgets. Shipping in June in $499 and $599 models, exclusively with Cingular.


Thankfully, I'm already a Cingular customer. Hopefully, websurfing, checking email, chat/messaging, etc., will be specially packaged so as not to run into exorbitant fees or evaporate monthly minutes.

Everything synchs through iTunes, just like an iPod... hopefully apps will be available to synchronize data from outlook adderess books, calendars, etc., too. I suspect it already exists, I just don't know how to use it.

I start saving my cash today. Hopefully I can knock back $150 a month before this thing hits stores. Maybe I'll take up a collection. Or I can tell everyone to just chip in towards the cost when my birthday rolls around in March.

No comments: