Saturday, June 28, 2008

Coats, sweaters, and hats!

Ok, so I'm watching a live outdoor concert over the web featuring Björk and Sigur Rós live from the Botanical Garden on Laugavegur, near the center of Reykjavik, Iceland. The Náttúra concert is an effort to build awareness of the destruction of Iceland's natrual landscape. The music, of course, is incredible. It's no secret that Björk and Sigur Rós are two of my absolute favorite acts. What surprises me is today, one week beyond the Summer Solstice, when everyone is sweating his or her balls off in the rest of the Northern Hemisphere, attendees of this concert a visibly wearing jackets. And sweaters. And scarves and hats. In, let me repeat, SUMMER. Part of me finds this very appealing. Part of me wonders how cold the winters must be. But, then, I guess they don't call it ICELAND for nothing. OK, I'm done being a rube. Click on the link up there and enjoy the music.

No comments: