Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Wow. I really haven't posted since September. How embarrassing. Or would be embarrassing if anyone actually read this thing.

Still the time off has let me regroup a bit, given me a bit of focus on what I want this blog to be. I think I'll try to make the political aspect of it slightly less reactionary. Which is to say I'd rather argue FOR progressive policy rather than rail just AGAINST the daily outrage provided by the entrenched power structure. It may be a good to approach religion from the same perspective.

I've become obsessed with the mp3 blog culture that's emerged over the last few years. It is now what the indie zines were ten years ago. Made all the better,of course, because of the ability to include the actual music in the coverage. Plus, I enjoy writing about music. My challenge will be to contribute something that isn't virtually identical to the hundreds of other writers out there.

To that end, I'd like to post about the music I want to share with my friends. Old music. New music. Obscure music. Popular music. What have you... I'll have about ten to twenty people's faces pictured in my head when making my selections; people who share my musical taste to some degree, but are all unique enough that hopefully a general audience will want to visit.

Of course, I still have to work out a few hosting issues to make sure people can actually access the music without having to go through any undue trials and tribulations.

Watch this space.

No comments: